Service and Sale Hotline:95583/4008-100-999  China |
Login | Sign Up
Useful Links
Online Booking
Enjoy best offer Through
Air China Online Booking

Flight Status
The fast and easy way to
check flight information

Online Check-in
Login to our website
Choose to check-in

home > Information Inquiry > Visa information

  > Britain

The customs of the United Kingdom offers red, green and blue channels. Visitors who need to declare or who are not sure if they need to declare shall use the red channel; those who arrive in Britain from non-EU countries and do not have anything to declare shall use the green channel; those who arrive in Britain from the EU countries and have nothing to declare shall use the blue channel. It is forbidden to take any items belonging to someone else through the customs.


Entering the United Kingdom from non-EU countries

Each visitor can take the following items for personal use into the United Kingdom: 200 cigarettes (or 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco); 1 liter of spirits whose alcoholic content is more than 22% (or two liters of spirits whose alcoholic content is less than 22%); other items whose total value does not exceed GBP 390 (including perfumes and souvenirs). Visitors under 17 years of age are not allowed to carry tobacco products and alcoholic drinks into the United Kingdom.

The following items must be declared to the customs: cash valued at more than EUR 10,000; items for personal use which exceed the tax-exempt limit in both quantities and value; items for commercial purposes; contrabands or other items restricted from entry.

Contrabands and restricted items include animals, plants, vegetables, meats, controlled medicines, pornographic materials, counterfeits and pirated products, simulation firearms, drugs, ammunition, explosives and so on.


Entering the United Kingdom from EU countries

Chinese citizens visiting the United Kingdom from EU countries (or countries where the EU regulations on entry and exit are applicable like Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland) can take into the United Kingdom uncontaminated fruits, vegetables, meats, meat products and milk products purchased in these countries.


Tax refund upon exit

When leaving the United Kingdom, Chinese citizens can apply for refund on the value added tax already paid when shopping in the country. When shopping, you should ask the shop to issue the tax refund receipt, and you should fill in your personal information as required. Before checking in for your flight, you should give the tax refund receipt or tax refund form to the airport customs, and get your purchased items ready for inspection. But if your next destination is a EU country, then you still cannot apply for tax refund when leaving the United Kingdom. You can apply for tax refund when leaving your last EU country you visit. According to the current regulations, request for tax refund must be made within 3 months after purchase.


* The above information is for reference only. For more, contact the embassy.

* For more information on visa, head to the Star Alliance website.

京ICP证 030872号-1 Copyright 2012 Air China, All Rights Reserved