Exit seat means each seat from which a passenger can proceed directly to the exit without passing around an obstruction and each seat in a row of seats through which passengers would have to pass to gain access to an exit. To ensure operation safety, each passenger shall comply with the exit seat restrictions of Air China. The passenger of exit seat should act as an assistant on board in emergency evacuation and assist the crewmembers in helping other passengers to evacuate.
1. Exit Seat Restrictions
The exit seats cannot be assigned to a passenger who falls into the following categories:
(1) Those who are younger than 15 years old, carrying infant (child), 65 years old or older, disabled, seriously ill, and pregnant etc;
(2) Those who require the use of an extension seat belt;
(3) Those who have any visual, aural, or verbal impairment;
(4) Those unable to read or understand Exit Seating Passenger Information;
(5) Those who are lack of ability to understand crew instructions and emergency evacuation instructions;
(6) Those who are lack of ability to open the emergency exit door, evaluate the slide condition, operate the slide and assist others in selecting a safe path to evacuate from the emergency exit and slide;
(7) Passengers with any condition unsuitable for exit seat.
2. Obligation and Right of Passenger
In an emergency evacuation, the exit seat passenger should act as an assistant on board, and assist the crewmembers in helping other passengers to evacuate.
When you believe you have not the conditions of exit seat or cannot fulfill the functions of exit seat passenger, please select other seat; if you are on board, please contact our staff to change your seat.
If Air China has assigned an exit seat to you but you are not willing to perform the functions of exit seat passenger, you have the right to request seat change.
3. Right of Air China
(1) Air China has the right to evaluate and decide whether the passenger meets the requirements of exit seat passenger according to civil aviation laws and regulations.
(2) When you are not unable to fully meet the requirements of exit seat passenger, Air China will not assign an exit seat to you; if you have selected an exit seat, the staff has the right to change your seat.
(3) Right to refuse transportation
In one of the following situations, Air China has the right to refuse transportation:
A. The passenger has not the ability of exit seat passenger and the only available seat on board is an exit seat;
B. The passenger has not the ability of exit seat passenger and does not comply with the instructions given by crewmembers or staff to change seat.